Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Where oh' where has summer gone?



Okay, I'm trying to get my head in the back to school swing [even though I am sad that my summer in 8 days:( ]. Last year I started the first day of school of with read "The Kissing Hand" by Audrey Penn. We also talked about our first day of school feelings. Many of them had the same feelings because they had already  been to school before. [our school has full day headstart and Pre-K.] We didn't do much else with that book BUT this summer I have stumbled upon some fun extensions for this book on Pinterest. I just love Pinterest!! I might be a little addicted to it. 

I found this on Pinterest from Mrs. Cates' Kindergarten
Mrs. Cates' Kindergarten: Beginning Of The Year


I love the look of this anchor chart and I love the little raccoons. We are going to practice our table material procedures and expectations while making this craft. 

I also plan this year to start out with a mini-color unit. Last year my kinders had a hard time remembering how to write their color words even though I had color word posters on the wall. I plan to add them to our word wall even though they aren't on the sight word list. If you have any book suggestions for colors and color words let me know! Well I'm going to enjoy the rest of the Rangers game and pin some teaching ideas![YAY!] Have a great Sunday!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment